cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP RAW Burst Mode extraction error

jwDr26
Apprentice

Hi, I use RAW Burst Mode for the bird in flying. When extracting individual using DPP to save the file, It often corrupts the DPP. I cannot restart the DPP and shows a error code and "instruction error of memory". Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11

I use the latest version of DPP4 copy the files from the camera to my SSD. Thanks.

BenF
Apprentice

All,

DPP software is pretty bad. It crashes a lot on some of us. The raw burst tool used to extract photos from a raw burst roll file is particularly prone to this and crashes often. When it does this, you will see oddly named files rather than the usual. These are corrupt. However sometimes it gets far enough that it crashes but names the file correctly. If the burst tool crashes, you need to delete the file it was trying to save regardless. These are corrupt and will cause all kinds of additional problems in DPP; more than likely simply clicking on a folder where a corrupt file lives will cause DPP to crash as it tries to read the corrupted CR3 file.

As a note, one thing that hurts the not-so-great raw burst tool may be Windows Defender stuff. So you may want to add your photo directory(ies) to Defender in the exclusions list so real-time protection isn't causing DPP to trip over itself. Also if you are using OneDrive or Dropbox etc in these directory(ies) you may wish to pause sync on those while you are working, then turn it back on. These things do help the raw burst tool from crashing as much, though it still does sometimes.

Announcements