cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP - Creating a duplicate copy of an image

lwatawala
Contributor

Is there a way to make a duplicate copy of an image in DPP so that I can apply independent recipes to the two versions.

This would be a feature that would allow functionality similar to “Create Virtual Copy” in Lightroom Classic. In DPP it would mean creating a physical copy of the image (and any associated existing recipe) on disk.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You can always save the file under a new name and then edit it however you want to. Since all modifications in DPP are non-destructive, you can always revert either copy to the original state.

But you can also save a "recipe" file that contains only the modifications to the original file. This allows you to save only one original copy, since you can apply any recipe file to it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

Thank you Bob. Your reply answers my question. Appreciate it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You can always save the file under a new name and then edit it however you want to. Since all modifications in DPP are non-destructive, you can always revert either copy to the original state.

But you can also save a "recipe" file that contains only the modifications to the original file. This allows you to save only one original copy, since you can apply any recipe file to it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thank you Bob. Your reply answers my question. Appreciate it.

Announcements