cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4.19.10 crashes on Mac OS 13.6.9 Ventura

gordonsick1
Apprentice

This topic has been discussed before, but for different versions of the Mac OS and Canon Software. I've done then installation and get a crash when I start. So, I cleaned out all the Canon items that I could find, reinstalled and it still crashes.

Here is the software I cleaned out, but which did not stop the crash:

• Remove the Application folder containing DPP 4:
    • /Applications/Canon\ Utilities 
  • Remove the Application Support folder :
  • /Library/Application\ Support/Canon_Inc_IC
  • Remove the Canon folder in the User Library: 
    • /Users/[User Account Name on Computer]/Library/Application\ Support/Canon_Inc_IC
  • Remove the DPP 4 plist:
  • /Users/[User Account Name on Computer]/Library/Preferences/com.canon.Digital-Photo-Professional-4.plist 
  • Remove the Installer plist:
  • /Users/[User Account Name on Computer]/Library/Preferences/Canon\ Digital\ Camera\ Installer.plist 
  • Empty the Trash
  • Restart the computer
  • Install the Fresh copy of DPP 4

My ultimate objective is to be able to read RAW files from my newly released EOS R5 Mark II. How long does it typically take Canon or Apple to make available a useable version of the software after introducing a new camera? I'm wondering if R5 Mark I people can handle Raw files on their Macs.

2 REPLIES 2

johnrmoyer
Whiz
Whiz

I use DPP on my iMac (2019 Intel) and rawtherapee on my Debian machine for raw files from my EOS R5.

On my iMac, I have excluded from TimeMachine ~/Library/Application Support/Canon_Inc_IC/DPP4/DppMWare/Cache and that might have helped. In DPP, there is a menu item to clear the cache and that might be sufficent.

Also, I upgraded my iMac to 96GB RAM.

gordonsick1
Apprentice

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't make it work.

• On my MacBook Pro, Retina, I emptied ~/Library/Application Support/Canon_Inc_IC/DPP4/DppMWare/Cache
    • Now, I can get DPP to open but it doesn't produce a crash report 
    • Then it quits and I have nothing.
  • Since I can't get DPP4 to run, I don't get any menu items, so I can't get any menu item to clear the Cache

I'm still open to suggestions.

Announcements