cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Profiles in Lightroom

Tiffanyl2121
Apprentice

Hi, So I bought a new camera (Canon EOS R) and I absolutely love it but I am having issues with Ligthroom and the Color profiles. I shoot in RAW so when Import images from the SD drive in Lightroom some of my images give me Adobe Profiles (Adobe Color, Adobe Vivid, Etc) and some of the images just say color and doesn't give me an option to change. How can I get all of my images to come up with the different color profiles.. What am I doing wrong? It makes it impossible to edit and turns their faces red. It looks like some of the images are not RAW even though the settings in my camera are set to only RAW. It is making editing impossible and I need help66898841538__CBBF9FBA-396E-4550-9254-76A2549D5D18.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

You might be better advised to post this in a forum for Lightroom.  This site is for people having issues with Canon hardware and software, rather than other products. 🙂

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Tiffanyl2121
Apprentice

I'm having an issue with the camera EOS R. I have the settings to be RAW but when I upload on the Mac and then pick which ones I want out in photos and then import into lightroom. Some of them are converted into JPEG and some of them stay RAW. How can I prevent them from doing this in the future? It makes it very hard to edit. I would like them to stay RAW

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Again, this sounds like an issue with Lightroom, rather than Canon. Have you had this issue with files from other cameras? 

Much depends on what version of Lightroom you have.  I use the CC versions of Lightroom, Bridge and Photoshop under Windows 10, and have absolutely no issues with importing and manipulating images.  Lightroom should not be changing the original versions of your file formats, but most likely it will save as another format.  I would recommend  You need to make sure your software is up to date and have the latest drivers.  Again, I would post this on a Lightroom forum or for Adobe support

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Lightroom will not automatically convert RAW files to JPEG, but under some conditions the Apple Photos app will. Something to do with Optimized Storage settings.

Since you are using Lightroom I recommend you not use the Photos app. Import your files into a folder using Image capture and then import into Lightroom.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

That was the exact issue too! Thank you for your response. I can breathe a little easier 🙂

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"What am I doing wrong?"

To expand a bit on what John Hoffman said, when you use Lightroom it is ALWAYS best to let LR do all your file transferring or copying or moving of files, whatever. Never use any other app. LR needs to know what is going on and if you use any method of file maintenance outside of LR it does not know that happened. All your files should show as CR3 in LR.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements