cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS M50 not working with OnePlus 6t canon connect.

ryan2
Apprentice

Just as the title says. Keep getting an error messege of "something came up. The applicsation has cancelled the request to choose a device." Very annoying. 

10 REPLIES 10

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@ryan2 wrote:

Just as the title says. Keep getting an error messege of "something came up. The applicsation has cancelled the request to choose a device." Very annoying. 

"Canon EOS M50 not working with OnePlus 6t canon connect."

I have no idea what that even means.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ryan2,

Thanks for checking in with us. To help us get a better sense of what you're facing, it would help to know some additional information.

• What operating system is your phone running?
  • Are you using the latest version of our Camera Connect app or something else?
  • When does the error message come up?

I have connected successfully 4 months back after latest firmware upgrade, but as of today I am getting the same error. Was there ever a solution provided?

Peter
Authority
Authority

Got the same today with my M5 and OnePlus 6.

Camera connect works with my 6D.

Peter
Authority
Authority
Removed the app, cleared data and cache. Reinstalled. Same issue.
Connecting WiFi manually works. To connect WiFi via bluetooth fails.

Vince300
Apprentice

I can confirm the issue on my side, OnePlus 6T running Android 10 (OxygenOS 10.3.6).

Used to work: Canon M50 Firmware 1.0.3 + previous version of Camera Connect (I was already running Android 10)

I updated to the Canon M50 Firmware 1.1.0 after an update of Camera Connect that said the update is required for users of Android 10.

Now, connecting WiFi via NFC or WiFi via Bluetooth results in the error message mentioned above. Connecting WiFi still works (but it's not as easy as NFC, since you have to add the device on the M50, select the network in the phone's WiFi settings, and usually restart Camera Connect that doesn't like directly connecting to WiFi and sometimes freezes).

I have a OnePlus 6 and I am experiencing the exact same issue with connecting to the M50 too!

I've tired to earase all the apps and data on the phone and camera, start it from fresh, but no luck in getting the NFC working! The NFC connection worked in early 2020... I think it has to do with one of the Canon app updates cause I couldn't get it work since late 2020 

Swafford01254
Apprentice

@ryan2 wrote:

But the authenticate is not working throw wifi ! with bluetooth. I want to connect to my Canon EOS 77D with "Camera Connect" App on my OnePlus 5. Still the same problem here for my OP6, oxygen OS 10.3.6, Android 10.

Walgreenslistens

radeklat
Apprentice

I had the same problem on my OnePlus 5T with Android 10 and Canon R. It turned out this is a problem of OxygenOS (Android system on OnePlus phones). The same error shows up in many other apps for other connected devices, as evidenced on OnePlus forum: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/wifi-connection-bug-with-chromecast-or-gopro-since-oxygenos-10.12...

I hit this issue after upgrading from Android 9 to 10. So one option could be going back to 9 or installing a custom ROM (which is what I did). Both unfortunatelly require a wipe of the phone. After installing the custom ROM, I was able to connect the camera just fine.

Announcements