cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon DPP4 some features don't work

Kathywaterfall
Apprentice

Hi, 

I am new to Canon DPP4 app.  I took some tutorials on youtube, I don't know why some features mentioned in  tutorials either greyed out(disabled) or gave me error. 

I am working on CR3 files taken using R6. e.g, for Gamma Adjustment, the auto button is greyed out for me; when I click on tools like 'compositing tool' or 'HDR compositing tool' I got "target file doesn't exist". I first tried on Windows PC and then on a new very powerful MAC, it is the same thing. the DPP version is 4.12.60.

Thanks in advance for help!

Kathy  

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do the PC or Mac have an Intel i7 processor? The .CR3 files require that. 

I downloaded a sample  R6 .CR3 file and DPP4 functions properly. I have an i7 W10 PC.

I am also using DPP4 4.15.20 (which is the latest version).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The PC has an Intel i5 core, the MAC has latest M1 core. I can do some processing on CR3 files, just some feature not working. 

I have a MacBook Air with an i5 processor. I can process my .CR3 files including Auto Gamma, but it is very slow.

I don't know anything about the M1 version of Macs. If you are having trouble in native mode, maybe try Rosetta. I did see a posting where someone was having trouble with a different Canon software, but the issue resolved when they ran through Rosetta. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

What is the problem you are having?

1. What computer operating system?

2. What are computer specs - i5 or i7 processor?

3. What version of DPP4?

4. What camera?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I just that found that the feature is working for .CR3 file w/o HDR. I just can't do 'auto' gamma adjustment  and HDR compositing for the photos taken with HDR mode enabled. I mis-understood what HDR compositing tool is for, I guess  since those photos are HDR photos already, they can't be processed to HDR photos. However I still don't get why 'auto' gamma adjustment doesn't work for HDR photos. Hope it helps. 

According to the R6 manual HDR images are recorded in JPEG mode. That is why many edit features are disabled. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements