cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP

franbires
Apprentice

Wondering if anyone else is having issues with editing photos in DPP. Transferring photos from my R5 using a MacBookAir, Big Sur 11.6, it takes between 3-4 minutes for a photo to load before I can begin editing. On Canon's website, it recommends DPP 4.14.00.0 for Big Sur, even though there's a more recent version of DPP - 5.15.20.0. I realize files are big from a R5, but still, 3-4 minutes? A Canon Tech had me email him one of the photos I had issues with and it only took him 20 seconds for the photo to load. It's frustrating. I find myself not wanting to do any post processing because it takes such a long time for each photo. Just curious if others are having the same issue. Thanks. Fran 

2 REPLIES 2

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Fran,

Thanks for checking in with us.

You're welcome to try the newer version of DPP to see if it works better for you.

If you have lots of images in one folder, you may wish to do tests with a folder that has just 3-4 images. DPP will try to create a high-quality preview image of each file in the folder, and that can strain computer resources, especially if you don't have a lot of RAM on the computer or if you have hundreds of images in one folder.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

4.15.20 is the latest version.

What are your MacBook Air specs? R5 RAW files are very large.

Canon recommends: Core i7 processor with 8GB RAM.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements