cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon DPP and Windows 11- Windows is adjusting my image while in Dpp

leachpoint
Apprentice

I am looking for help with 'Windows 11 auto adjusting my images when I am using DPP4. Has anyone discovered a fix for this. I have read that a few users are seeing this and are looking for feedback on how to resolve this.

Appreciate the help as this is very frustrating not knowing how my image really looks

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@leachpoint wrote:

I am looking for help with 'Windows 11 auto adjusting my images when I am using DPP4. Has anyone discovered a fix for this. I have read that a few users are seeing this and are looking for feedback on how to resolve this.

Appreciate the help as this is very frustrating not knowing how my image really looks

Can you clarify exactly what is happening? Is the software performing operations without you directing it? I searched this forum and there was no similar post.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks for the reply, To clarify, what i see happening looks to me like a two stage process. For example, If i want to adjust the brightness with the brightness adjuster, the image will change in two stages. First there is a brightness adjustment, then with in  a second or two, another adjustment happens. This second adjustment is usually very minor, but the image does in fact change. 

Another easy one for me to watch is the Gamma Adjustment. Again after i move the center slider ( to either lighten or darken the image), the image will change, then again a second adjustment happens with in a second or two and changes my original adjustment.

I know that windows does this auto adjustment process in their photos app, but I am wondering if "Windows is also overriding the Canon DPP4 and making minor adjustments as well.

Hope this helps to clarify the issue.

Appreciate your thoughts

Ken

Also my reference to "others having this issue", was not on the canon forum, but in general internet searches.

Ken

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Your image will go through various changes as DPP adds its adjustments and that may be what you are seeing. I've been using it [DPP] for many years and have never noticed my image changing once DPP is finished running its adjustments, even in Windows 11.

However, if it is indeed Windows 11, and it very well could be, please look at your display settings: Type "settings" in the search bar then select "system". Now select "Display" and click the chevron on the far right of the "Brightness" slider. This will give you what's shown in my attachment.

Auto Brightness-1.jpg

I use a laptop so if you have a desktop, that pulldown menu may look different. But you still should be able to make the proper adjustments.

I hope this helps!

Newton

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Is it possible the user is seeing processing?  A slower laptop might take a little longer to process edits.  I will often use a default recipe that includes a lens profile, default color space etc.  This will make images "appear" to be changing or processing without user action when DPP is opened, or images are added.   

shadowsports_0-1725060852981.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

"Is it possible the user is seeing processing?"

That was my thought as well (see my comment).

"Your image will go through various changes as DPP adds its adjustments and that may be what you are seeing."

There is still a possibility that Windows is messing with the brightness if that feature isn't turned off. The OP just needs to check to see. It just takes a minute.

Newton

Announcements