cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camera Connect can't find Wi-Fi

TERRY_D
Apprentice

Desperate for help, canon connect app!

Since updating to the new canon connect app, the Bluetooth and GPS connects immediately,  but I can not get the shooting mode to work as it can't find a WiFi! Tried reseting and cleared previous settings,  still no luck. Camera is an EOS R and Samsung Android phone, can anybody advise please before I loose all my marbles!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TERRY_D
Apprentice

Thank you all for the support guys, I decided to go another route and uninstall app, clear all settings,  unpaired and start from scratch. This way worked as I'm sure your way would have also, This time I didn't commit to the GPS location finder. Anyway, its back up and working ready for the aurora borealis this evening all being well. Thanks again for your support,  it was much appreciated 👏 .

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The WiFi is from your camera. Have you enabled it in the Menu setting?

IMG_2117.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thank you for your suggestion John Hoffman, unfortunately I've ensured that the WiFi was enabled,  that doesn't seem to be the issue in this case. Please feel free to offer any more suggestions you may think might resolve this issue. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

So you follow the steps in the attached graphic, select Pairing and the two devices don’t pair? Do you get an error message on either the phone or the camera? When you say you connected to WiFi I assume you mean you selected the camera WiFi in the list on your phone. 

https://youtu.be/xJD_Wf8_HaI?si=lpUl1c3Ti_kU3t2y

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Exactly 🙂 (what John stated)

Your phone will see the cameras wireless broadcast (SSID name).  Your camera will also display the password it's using for its broadcast.

When you scan for available Wi-Fi networks on your phone, you just tap the SSID name.  It then prompts you to enter in the password.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

TERRY_D
Apprentice

The camera and phone connect immediately using Bluetooth, it connects to the local GPS and states you can now control the camera. When I chose remote live shooting, it then looks for a faster WiFi connection,  which it times out before it finds it! Then I get no further,  I don't know if it is a camera setting or a phone setting that needs to change?

1000009235.jpg

1000009236.jpg

1000009237.jpg

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings, 

Do not perform the pairing operation through the Canon Connect app. Enable the camera's Wi-Fi.  Then open the Wi-Fi settings on your phone and look for the broadcast.  Selected there, enter the password. Confirm your phone has connected to the cameras broadcast .  Then open the Canon Connect app.  

Results?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

TERRY_D
Apprentice

Thank you all for the support guys, I decided to go another route and uninstall app, clear all settings,  unpaired and start from scratch. This way worked as I'm sure your way would have also, This time I didn't commit to the GPS location finder. Anyway, its back up and working ready for the aurora borealis this evening all being well. Thanks again for your support,  it was much appreciated 👏 .

Announcements