cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camera Connect - Solution needed for MOV format support

davidjluckey
Contributor

Rebel EOS T6 using camera connect app with wifi

Camera connect app on Android V14 will not support MOV video format. Connect app v3.1.10.49. Is there a solution to this error message

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

davidjluckey,

I have read that Android cannot play .mov files.

You may need to convert these to .mp4 format. There are plenty of free video converter programs out there.

Steve Thomas

View solution in original post

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Steve's right.  You'll need an app like VLC Player to play .MOV files.  

shadowsports_0-1710035445539.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi davidjluckey,

Unfortunately there is not a way to transfer videos from the EOS Rebel T6 to your phone through the Canon Camera Connect app. The EOS Rebel T6 is only able to shoot videos in .MOV format, and the app is not able to transfer that type of file.

For the EOS Rebel T6 we recommend using EOS Utility on a computer to transfer the videos. If you need that software it is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the Software & Drivers button and the current version for your operating system will be listed. If you need a manual for that software or your camera those are available on the same web page under the Manuals tab.

Thank you Hazel_T for the quick reply. I have installed the utility on my laptop and will begin working with it. Best regards

David

davidjluckey
Contributor

Dowloaded and installed utility. Will try working with it . Thanks all..

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

davidjluckey,

I have read that Android cannot play .mov files.

You may need to convert these to .mp4 format. There are plenty of free video converter programs out there.

Steve Thomas

Thanks Steve for your help

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Steve's right.  You'll need an app like VLC Player to play .MOV files.  

shadowsports_0-1710035445539.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks all for your guitdance 😀

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements