cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find EOS Rebel T7i Firmware

clynch
Contributor

Your instruction keep leading me to the standard support page, but when I go there is no reference for Firmware and I have looked in ever sub area.  I want to connect it to my Android Phone

21 REPLIES 21

clynch
Contributor

YOUR OWN SITE SAYS THAT THE LATEST FIRMWARE FIXES ANDROID CONNECTION ISSUES!!!!!

Firmware Notice: EOS Rebel T7i: Firmware Version 1.1.0

Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancement:

1. Enables NFC connection with smartphones running Android 10 operating system.
• For Android running v6.0 or later, use Camera Connect v2.7.10 or later.
• For Android running v5.0 or older, use a connection method other than NFC.

Firmware Version 1.1.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.2. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

In the USA, if you have not registered your camera with Canon, you may not be able to download the firmware - you do not indicate whether that is the case or not.  
However, to assist you, I have found a Canon site where you can download the latest version (which is cumulative) without doing so.  While the site is Australian, I have updated from this location before for North American cameras with no issue.
EOS Rebel T7i / 800D Firmware Update, Version 1.1.0 [Windows] | Canon Australia
I hope this resolves your issue.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Welcome clynch,

While the Canon Community is moderated, it is a user to user support forum.  So the majority of people here are fellow photography enthusiast like yourself.  You will often see moderators and product experts (Canon employees) lending a hand as well.

To receive official product support directly from Canon, you do need to register your product and open a support request.  This is done via MyCanon.

MyCanon

Once your product is registered, you are presented with the different support options available for your product.  How to contact. repairs, software support, etc.

You appear to have found a product whose firmware download is missing on its support site.  It might be temporary or maybe an oversight.  Easily resolved by contacting support.  In this case, Trevor offered you a workaround to get the software you requested.  

There was a period of time where some products had their firmware listings moved to the Advisory section on the product support site.  It caused some confusion and was moved back to Software and Drivers.  Not ideal, I understand and there appears to be an issue with the downloads which I will report.  

Most users here are volunteers, people like you and I who share an affinity for photography.  Also for Canons other products.  We are happy to try and help and appreciate your participation. If you do need official support, its available.  

My Canon or by calling:

Cameras - EOS Digital SLRs, EF Lenses & Flashes
1-800-652-2666 Monday-Friday:
9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Saturday:
9:00 am to 7:00 pm

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick, thanks for that clarification on registration.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

clynch
Contributor

I am a tech person,  I have primarily worked in Fortune 100 Companies and spent 13 years at one of the big 3 Tech Companies.  For my own personal use I setup and maintain home automation, whole house automated lighting, home security, Garage Doors, Media Server connect to all computer and TV’s, and Automated HVAC and all including remote access to all of that and the computers and other misc. hardware.   I have directories full of downloaded drivers, manuals to maintain all of this stuff.  In all this I find my experience with Canons Support site as the worst I have had with anybody’s support site especially from a big company like Canon.  And then there is the armature support!

Canon should be doing much better for Support.  And I have heard that many of the Camera Companies are moving to Android or other similar OS’s to drive new Cameras, Canon, you really are going to need to support your product so much better!  For me this experience will be a big negative for buying any future Canon Photography Equipment. 

Chuck Lynch

Just to reiterate, Chuck.

The Canon Community is hosted by Canon USA, but you have only interacted with one Canon employee so far, now two including myself. This forum is a place for Canon users like yourself to crowdsource ideas and troubleshooting. Canon only steps in if the Community cannot help. All of the Canon employees will have the title Community Manager, Moderator, or Product Expert, all other people you interact with are just enthusiasts who enjoy lending a hand.

In the future if you'd like direct support from Canon immediately, you will need to access your support options via the MY CANON ACCOUNT portal or by calling in. HERE is a direct link to the Community guidelines should you like to refresh on the rules and how the Community works.

Hope this helps!

What are you even talking about?

If you want to use the Android App, by all means, use the Android App. You'll find info on it HERE.

But you were saying you wanted the firmware update. For that, you need a computer.

If you're trying to tell me you keep your home lab up-to-date without a computer, you have far more patience than I do. Keeping my systems up-to-date is far easier using a computer with terminal access. 🤷

I love how people chime in here and don't have Clue!
From the Canons Firmware download for my Camera

Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancement:

1. Enables NFC connection with smartphones running Android 10 operating system. 
*For Android running v6.0 or later, use Camera Connect v2.7.10 or later.
*For Android running v5.0 or older, use a connection method other than NFC. 

Plus I also don't have the previous Firmware Update 1.0.2 that should be included in this latest included 2 patches to protect your phone from vulnerabilities in the original cameras software.

Software Vulnerabilities can be a really bad thing!!

@clynch wrote:

I am a tech person,  I have primarily worked in Fortune 100 Companies and spent 13 years at one of the big 3 Tech Companies.  For my own personal use I setup and maintain home automation, whole house automated lighting, home security, Garage Doors, Media Server connect to all computer and TV’s, and Automated HVAC and all including remote access to all of that and the computers and other misc. hardware.   I have directories full of downloaded drivers, manuals to maintain all of this stuff.  In all this I find my experience with Canons Support site as the worst I have had with anybody’s support site especially from a big company like Canon.  And then there is the armature support!

Canon should be doing much better for Support.  And I have heard that many of the Camera Companies are moving to Android or other similar OS’s to drive new Cameras, Canon, you really are going to need to support your product so much better!  For me this experience will be a big negative for buying any future Canon Photography Equipment. 

Chuck Lynch

It took me all of 30 seconds to find the firmware and another minute to post my response to you showing you where it is. That's good enough support for my needs. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

“I have primarily worked in Fortune 100 Companies and spent 13 years at one of the big 3 Tech Companies.”

Kinda makes you wonder doesn’t it?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements