cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Canon Software for MacOS Monterey 12.1

sergii_p
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased Canon 90D camera and want to install software on my laptop (Macbook 2017).

Can't install either of these software applications:

EOS Utility 3.14.30 for macOS
Picture Style Editor 1.26.10 for macOS 
Digital Photo Professional 4.15.20 for macOS

After I start *-installer.app the extracting files window pop-up and nothing after. See screenshot.

Does anyone know how to deal with it?

EOSUtility_installation.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

When you downloaded the apps, did you check both the hardware and software prerequisites?  I do not think the Canon apps are compatible with MacOS 12, which was just released on 10/25/2021.  I also want to point out that Apple has since released two major updates, v12.1 and v12.2, which was just released on 12/17/2021.  

Canon has yet to announce a date when an update to Monterey may be released.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

While it is true gthat the Canon site doesn't list software for macOS 12, the macOS 11 software can be installed on my MacBook Air 2018 with macOS 12.1, which my MacBook says is up-to-date as of today.

Perhaps there are some permission issues; go to System Preferences and see if there are disk access permissions you need to authorize. The Universalinstaller needs to be authorized for Full Disk Access.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Look like this particular laptop has a problem.
I tried on my second macOS laptop and after extracting files I got an installation prompt.

But I can't find how to allow UniversalInstaller full disk access. In system preference, there's no such application as UniversalInstaller.

Screenshot 2022-01-02 at 18.01.48.png

sergii_p
Apprentice

Found a solution. The problem was exactly the same as here - https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Camera-Software/MAC-EOS-Solution-Disk-29-0A-Installer-Doesn-t-Wor...

After I switched the region to United stated an installation prompt appeared.

Announcements