cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CameraWindow DC 8.10.11b for Mac OS X Impossible to Download for PowerShot A3500 IS

shn
Apprentice

I own a PowerShot A3500 IS. One feature it has is using Wi-Fi to send images from the camera to a computer. To have the ability to do so, you need to first download CameraWindow DC onto your computer. The issue is, both places I can download the software from - the physical CD and the canon.com website - offer a version of the software incompatible with any 64-bit Mac computer. I have macOS Catalina v10.15 which is from 2019. The CameraWindow DC app's most recently updated version is supported by macOS High Sierra v10.13, which was 2017. This is apparently outdated enough for Mac to completely prohibit downloading the software. The attached images show the error.

Contents of the download (note the little strikethrough over the decal):

Screen Shot 2023-06-09 at 6.23.48 PM.png

When you try to open the installer:

Screen Shot 2023-06-09 at 6.23.55 PM.png

I would love to use the Wi-Fi picture-sharing feature that my little 
2014 PowerShot offers. I used it during a trip when I was little and want to save the pictures easily. I recognize this forum is nearly completely dead, so any response to this at all is a miracle! Regardless, it would be amazing if any members or staff could offer advice to either access the CameraWindow DC software or find a workaround that gets to the goal of sending images straight from my camera to my Mac. Thanks for reading!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Unless Canon updates the software to be 64-bit (and then bonus points for building a Universal app for both Intel and Apple Silicon), this software is a dead end.

I know it wouldn't be the same, but if your Mac has a built-in SD card reader, or you purchase a SD card reader, that would be the best bet for getting images to your Mac.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Unless Canon updates the software to be 64-bit (and then bonus points for building a Universal app for both Intel and Apple Silicon), this software is a dead end.

I know it wouldn't be the same, but if your Mac has a built-in SD card reader, or you purchase a SD card reader, that would be the best bet for getting images to your Mac.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements