cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XA10 Professional camcorder

HelenV
Contributor

There's something not working when I turn on the camcorder. The green light comes on, but alongside it is the pause icon. It means I can't record. It's either paused or off. Thank you in advance for your help!

4 REPLIES 4

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi HelenV,

Thanks for checking in with us.

I suggest that you power down the camera and remove the memory card and battery for about five minutes. During that time inspect the camera to see if any buttons seem stuck or out of place. If so, try to nudge them back into position. Then put the battery and memory card back in and make sure the memory card door is completely shut.

Make sure that the camera is set to record, not playback. If it isn't, then press the camera/play button by the screen. Then try doing additional tests. Let us know if problems persist.

Sorry, Saint Nick, but after removing and re-inserting the memory cards and battery, it is still paused or red. No other buttons are stuck. I was filming a neighbor and only the setup of attaching the mic to him was filmed. After that, I got only the pause or red. When I hit the start/stop button, that's what a I get, not the continuous green.

Hi HelenV,

Thanks for your reply.

Since you're still having issues, go ahead and disconnect any third-party accessories from the camera and do additional tests. I suggest using a different memory card that you back up and then initialize in camera. That way we can determine if the issue is memory card specific.

If issues persist with multiple memory cards, then I would encourage you to send the camera in for service. The repair options will vary depending on your location and when you purchased the camera and are subject to change, so I would suggest that you email us when you're ready to consider your service options:

hdvideo@cits.canon.com

Well, Saint Nick, apparently there was no problem. My neighbor's son, who is an expert on all things video, said that it WAS recording when it was on RED! The challenges of learning to make films in my 70's...

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements