cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What models of the Vixia line have lens threads

SingingDrummer
Apprentice

I am new to the Vixia line.  I recently picked up a Vixia HF R40 and I'm pretty suprised at the quality.  However, it lacks the ability to add a wide angle lens adapter.

Is there any list of Vixia HF camcorders that have lens adapters?  I would like to review their specifications and possibly pick up another one or two with the options I might be most interested in.  

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

SingingDrummer, 

The following VIXIA camcorders below are able to use lenses with a lens adapter. 

VIXIA HF G50

VIXIA HF G21

VIXIA GX10

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

SingingDrummer, 

The following VIXIA camcorders below are able to use lenses with a lens adapter. 

VIXIA HF G50

VIXIA HF G21

VIXIA GX10

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Tim,

Would you please tell me what product i'm looking for for a lens adapter for the Vixia HF G21? I don't really know lingo for camera stuff, but i've had one for years, and every time i've ever looked up lens converters for it, i've never found one. What product do I need to purchase?

Thanks,

Mike 

SingingDrummer
Apprentice
I think I found more than that. The R1x-3x models and R7x-8x models. Thanks

ImZakMan
Apprentice

SingingDrummer,

The R800 series does.  43mm.  I got the following set: Lens kit.

1.JPG

Cheap quality but they fit.  I keep the UV on as a lens protector.  The zoom lens has some framing issues on the sides unless you zoom in; a step up ring might work to solve that as well.  Either the CPL filter is junk or I am not smart enough to use it; both scenarios are equally valid.  Have not tried the macro lens or the FLD filter.  My set did not come with the 43-52 ring adapter included in the set description.  Good luck.

v/r

ImZakMan

[Commercial link removed and replaced with screenshot to serve as visual aid.]

Announcements