cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HFR62 - uploading issues

magold01
Apprentice

Hello All,

I am having difficulty uploading videos and pictures to my Window 7 PC. It does intially give the error that "MTP USB device" software cannot load. I have followed all of the instruction in the last post. It's very strange because when I connect the camera to the PC, the file folders that contain the pics and videos appear empty.

The easy way for me to upload before was to right click on the drive icon and upload images and videos.  When I do that now it says, no new images....

In the past, I had no issue uploading, now I cannot. I am able to view them in the camera and cast them to my TV.

Please advise and thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Magold01,

Thank you for posting.

I recommend updating your camcorder's driver in your computer's Device Manager. Here's how:

With your camcorder connected to your computer, and powered on in the playback mode, click on the [Windows/ Start] Icon, then right-click on "Computer" and choose "Properties". In the Window that opens, look at the left-hand side and click on the "Device Manager" link.

Locate your camcorder's driver in the "Portable Devices" folder. Now right-click on the driver for your camcorder (Only!) and choose "Uninstall". After confirming and deleting the driver, power your camcorder off for about 10 seconds, then power it back on, in the playback mode.  Your computer will reinstall your camcorder's driver.

If this issue persists, I recommend contacting our toll-free technical support team by calling 800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello,

Just wanted to give you some feedback for the final solution:  Since your suggestion did not work for me, I called Canon. They suggested all that I had already done. Their solution was to go to a data recovery center to retrieve my videos.

Since I wasn't convinced the data would be recovered. There was really only one video that I wanted to keep, but decided to initialize all photos and videos from the camera. After clearing the camera, everything works okay now.

Thannks again for your assistance!

magold01
Apprentice
Thanks very much for your suggestion, but it did not work for me. I called customer service and they seem to think a file was corrupted therefore I need to find a data recovery service to retrieve my files.
I own other cameras and never had any uploading issues. I am very disappointed with this product and am not confident that it will work properly.
Thanks again for your help! 🙂
Announcements