cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF S10 HF S11 location of internal clock/settings battery? To put in fresh battery.

tgz
Apprentice

Hello, from my research I gather changing the internal coin battery on these "requires factory service", which is EOL. Regardless of being soldered in or whatever I would like to at least look at it to satisfy my curiosity, maybe attempt something with copper tape or the like for patching in a fresh battery. Does anyone know where it is located to help in which side of the camera to start dismantling?

I have 3 of these with one no longer holding settings between external battery swaps so worth it to me to give it a go.

Anyone ever done this, or gone inside for another reason and seen the battery set up?

thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

davidsimmonds
Apprentice
Does anyone have an answer to this?

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert
Hi tgz, Thanks for checking in with us. As you suggested, your camcorders have a built-in lithium battery to preserve the settings and the date and time. When the camcorder is working as it should, you can recharge that battery by leaving the camcorder connected to a plugged-in AC adapter for 24 hours. That battery is not designed to be replaced by our customers. Unfortunately, due to safety concerns, we are not able to provide steps for doing that repair work.
Announcements