cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF G60 Questions

ico59
Apprentice

Hi All,

Looking to see if anyone who owns the Vixia HF G60 could answer some questions for me. I am planning on using this in a remote video setup which requires little to no interaction from the talent. I would have the camera and lights connected to a power strip which the talent would flip on when ready to roll. I need to know how the camera operates when its powered on just through suppling and then cutting power, not on the camera directly. I want to make sure it will:

1. Be able to actually do this, or do I need to press a button on the camera

2. Output clean HDMI while in standby mode(we wont ever record to the camera)

3. Go into autofocus,auto wb, auto exposure

4. not go into any menu that would require the talent to press anything on the camera.

Thanks all! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

As long as you leave the power switch set to [Camera] and the only power is coming from the AC Adapter (meaning no battery is attached), it will turn itself on or off with the plugging in or unplugging of the AC Adapter and the settings should remain from whatever it was set to previously. The HDMI connection should operate the same way but it will depend on what is receiving the HDMI signal. For example, if the software you are using on a computer to read the HDMI signal requires setup when a new connection is detected, that setup may need to be done each time the camera pwoers on, but there may be software which automatically displays the image from a new HDMI connection.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

As long as you leave the power switch set to [Camera] and the only power is coming from the AC Adapter (meaning no battery is attached), it will turn itself on or off with the plugging in or unplugging of the AC Adapter and the settings should remain from whatever it was set to previously. The HDMI connection should operate the same way but it will depend on what is receiving the HDMI signal. For example, if the software you are using on a computer to read the HDMI signal requires setup when a new connection is detected, that setup may need to be done each time the camera pwoers on, but there may be software which automatically displays the image from a new HDMI connection.

This is great info. The device it will be plugged into when it wakes up will be always powered on and looking for a signal (Live U 300). Seems like this one should work. 

Announcements