cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video transfer from ZR80 camcorder

GordonA
Contributor

I am trying to copy video from a Canon ZR80 camcorder to my HP EliteBook 8580w laptop.  I can directly connect the DV port on the camera to an internal  DV port on the laptop.

When I use VideoPadVideo  Editor from NCH,  I cannot see the camcorder in the device list ( only the built-in HP webcam ).

Do I need to change any settings on the camera or thecomputer,  to complete the transfer ?

5 REPLIES 5

Mykolas
Authority

Hi GordonA!

Thank you for posting!

The software are using is not made by Canon, so it is difficult for us to determine why it does not recognize your camcorder when it is connected.  I recommend that you contact NCH for further assistance with their software.  They have a website you can go to.  It is:

http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/support.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Mike,

Do you know if there is any software,  Canon or third-party, that is known to work in this case ?

The lap-top is a 64-bit computer. Could that be an issue ?

Hi GordonA,

64 bits should not make a difference.

If you're using Windows Vista, 7 or 8, you might want to try Windows Live Movie Maker.  This is included with Windows Vista and available at Microsoft's download.live.com with newer versions of Windows.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, 

Windows Movie Maker worked quick and easy.

Can I do this ( Capture Canon Mini-DV  ) on a Mac platorform also ?

Hi GordonA,

Sure!  For a Mac, use iMovie to transfer movies from your camcorder.

Announcements