cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectors

GatlinBredeson
Apprentice

Heya, all. 

I've got an older model, a Canon FS200. It's got a 1/8 inch mini microphone input jack that I have to utilize. I've got a Shure PG4/PG185 Wireless Lavalier Mic system that I need to use with it. The receiver for this system has an XLR output.

So, I purchased an XLR female to 1/4' male cable. Then I used a 1/4' to 1/8' adapter to plug into the FS200's audio input jack. But, it didn't pick up any sound.

Anyone know how I'd be able to do this? Do I need some phantom power thing or something? 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi GatlinBredeson,

The more adapters through which a signal has to pass, the more a signal is likely to degrade.  It's possible that the adapters between the 1/8 plug and the 3.5mm terminal on the camcorder are reducing the available signal from your microphone.

I recommend contacting Shure for for the best configuration to get the microphone to work,.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi! Did you end up getting an answer to this? I have a shure wireless system (1/4") I want to hook into a Canon 3.5mm mic input. The parts are easy, but I can't determine if the power is compatible.
Announcements