cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon camcorder NTSC ZR400

Wavelike74
Apprentice

Hi, I am trying to charge my camcorder that has been sitting around for years….. does anyone know if the battery gets charged when I plug in the camcorder or is there a separate piece to charge just the battery…. I don’t have a separate piece in the case….. it maybe too old and may not recharge and if that’s the case does anyone know how I can find a new battery for this NTSC ZR400 camcorder 

1 REPLY 1

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings Wavelike74,

I'm sorry but the Canon ZR400 is a product which is out of support life. Phone, email, and forum support is no longer available for this item. You may refer to the product support page for this camera model for further assistance on this specific product.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/camcorders/support-minidv-camcorde...

In general, the life of any battery pack will degrade over time to where it will eventually no longer hold a charge and will no longer have the ability to charge. Unfortunately, battery packs for this model camera are no longer manufactured by Canon.

If the item no longer functions, then you may participate in the Canon Upgrade Program since the repair facility no longer services this product.

The Canon Upgrade Program option allows you to replace your current camera with a new or refurbished Canon camera at a discounted price. If you would like to take part in the Canon Upgrade Program, please call our Sales Department at 1-866-443-8002 from Monday - Saturday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered. Be sure to have your serial number for your camera available at the time of your call.

Announcements