cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX492 printer driver software not detecting printer.

jloscalzo1
Apprentice
Hi, I recently began having difficulty printing on my MX492 printer from my desktop computer running Windows 10. No matter what I did, I could not get it to work. I even did a system restore back to a date it was working. First, I was getting Printer offline messages, and I went through numerous steps to fix it, including restarting the spooler, which after a few attempts removed the offline status. Then I was getting "Error - sent to pronter" message in the Print Queue. Even after the system restore, none of it worked, and then I had other problems to the point where I backed up my system and did a full system recovery. When I tried to install the printer drivers using the file downloaded from the support site for MX490 series, the software did not detect the printer despite my connecting it to the same network as the computer is connected to. I tried just installing it from Windows, and this worked for about 2 days. I was getting strange errors, like "port in use" followed by "printer not responfing" before my pages would print.

Now, however, it is back to giving me "Error - sent to printer" and nothing printing. I thought again about reinstalling the drivers and ran the driver software again, only to get to the point to choose the printer from the list, and no printers are listed. I have tried disabling IPv6, and still no detection.
3 REPLIES 3

jloscalzo1
Apprentice
I forgot I also tried disabling Wireless LAN DRX as was suggested in a different post on this forum.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jloscalzo1,

It is recommended that you speak with one of our chat agents. To get to the chat feature, click HERE. Once in the chat box, ask to speak to a live person. You will be asked to create a Canon account and once that is done, you will be able to connect with one of our chat agents Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

We look forward to hearing from you.

jloscalzo1
Apprentice
Hi,
I was able to resolve this. I noticed that my computer was connecting at 5ghz and the printer could only connect ar 2ghz. My internet provider recently made one network out of both the 5ghz and 2.4ghz. I reset the network settings on the modem, and this seemed to correct the problem.
Announcements