cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HF R80 Wireless Mic Suggestions?

RdnckPreacher1
Apprentice

Hi Everyone!  I have a Canon Vixia HF R80 camcorder and would like to start filming some of my hunts. This requires me to have a wireless mic attached to me in the field. Can anyone tell me exactly what I should get that will work with my camcorder? And I'm also wondering something else.. When I'm not filming myself in the field with a wireless mic, can I attach an external microphone to this type of camera? And if so, what would you suggest I buy for it?

Many thanks for any help!

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I've never used one, but I think you're looking for something like the "RODE Wireless GO II Single 1-Person Compact Digital Wireless Omni Lavalier Microphone System/Recorder Kit".  I cannot link to the actual B&H Photo product listing here, but if you search on that product, it should bring it up.

There are probably other brands as well.

It appears (though I'm not 100% on this), that the receiver unit has a 3.5mm output that should work with your camcorders 3.5mm mic input.   Not sure if these kits include the cable that would go from the receiver to your camcorder.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks, Ricky! I'll look into it!

JoeySnaps
Enthusiast

Yes - as Ricky says, the RODE Wireless GO II is designed for this purpose and will do a fine job with your camera.

Alternatively the DJI wireless microphone is a direct competitor. I have one and it works really well. It comes with the 3.5mm jack cable you need to connect to your camera. I rather expect the RODE does too.

R6mkII, various lenses, speedlites. Also legacy Canons going back to T90 and even A1.

Thank you! You two have guided me in the right direction. I'll check it out. 😉 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements