cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DM-E1 Microphone for Webcam Use

CMPosey
Contributor

Neither Zoom nor Microsoft Teams list my DM-E1 microphone on my EOS RP as an option to choose on their drop-down menus for a microphone. I have delegated and re-installed all programs involved (EOS webcam utility, Zoom, and Teams). Any help will be appreciated; thanks! BTW: the camera is listed fine on their drop-down menus for the video source.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jaewoosong
Rising Star
Rising Star

EOS webcam utility states that it does not support microphone.

Q: Can I use the camera’s microphone?

A: No, EOS Webcam Utility software doesn't transmit audio through USB connection.Please use your computer’s built-in microphone or an external microphone separately connected to your computer. 

Canon USA EOS Webcam Utility – Windows Official Su... - Canon Community

-jaewoo

Rebel XT, 7D, 5Dm3, 5DmIV (current), EOS R, EOS R5 (current)

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

No, I did not; good point! I am at work now and will not be home till noon tomorrow. I will let you know what happens. Thanks. 

I did, did not work either. But I see jaewoosong answered me that the microphone does not work with the Canon webcam utility! Go figure, who would have thought that Canon would make a microphone that did not work with a webcam program of theirs? Does not make any sense. Thank you for helping me all night with this, I appreciate your time and effort.

The red text says “external microphone connected separately to your computer”. Doesn’t the DM-E1 have a 3.5mm pin to connect to computer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

It does, but when I connect to the camera or connect to the computer, neither work. 

Maybe give Canon a call at1-800-OK-CANON to see why the mike won’t work with computer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the number, will do!

jaewoosong
Rising Star
Rising Star

EOS webcam utility states that it does not support microphone.

Q: Can I use the camera’s microphone?

A: No, EOS Webcam Utility software doesn't transmit audio through USB connection.Please use your computer’s built-in microphone or an external microphone separately connected to your computer. 

Canon USA EOS Webcam Utility – Windows Official Su... - Canon Community

-jaewoo

Rebel XT, 7D, 5Dm3, 5DmIV (current), EOS R, EOS R5 (current)

Oh my! I would have never thought that a webcam program would not support a microphone!!!!! Thanks!

Announcements