cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT

wildwoodphoto
Enthusiast

I have an ST-E3-RT with two Speedlite 430 EX III-RT's.

This works great from behind the camera to control the power output of each speedlite. However, there are ocasions when I need to change the flash power on the speedlite's when being away from the camera.

Can I select the power individually on each of the speedlite's without using the ST-E3-RT?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wildwoodphoto
Enthusiast
Canon USA confirm that when using the Transmitter ST-E3-RT it is NOT possible to manually adjust power on the Speedlite itself.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I don't think so.

What I have done in the past (more for just a workaround of going beyond the five group limitation) is to add ND gels to flashes as needed.

But outside of zoom (which cannot be done via the ST-E3-RT), I control all other settings with it from the camera.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I find it difficult to belive that having invested $1200 in a Canon lighitng kit, that it can't do a simple manual setting off camera.

I know other photographers using other brand speedlites and various triggers can do it, so there must be a way?

wildwoodphoto
Enthusiast
Canon USA confirm that when using the Transmitter ST-E3-RT it is NOT possible to manually adjust power on the Speedlite itself.

iainf1
Apprentice

I have just purchased a Canon R6 and a Speedlite 430EX III-RT, and also own a 430EXII and a Speedlite Transmitter  ST-E2.

Is there a way of getting both flashes to work with the R6, either using the master/slave function, or firing both from the ST-E2?

I can get to ST-E2 to fire the 430 EXII but not the 430 EXIII-RT

Is the 430EX III - RT set for optical wireless flash?

Yes, I have checked this, thanks

Announcements