cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing exposure on a raw file with dpp4

bruceb3
Apprentice

I screwed up. I took a bunch of photos with  auto exposure set to +2 and of course they all came out over-exposed. I have DPP4 on my computer. Is there a way to lower the exposure on the batch of photos 2 stops? I saved them all w/ raw+jpeg. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@bruceb3 wrote:

I screwed up. I took a bunch of photos with  auto exposure set to +2 and of course they all came out over-exposed. I have DPP4 on my computer. Is there a way to lower the exposure on the batch of photos 2 stops? I saved them all w/ raw+jpeg. Thanks!

You can fix up the RAW files quite easily.  The JPEGs you will want to discard, after you see what can be done for the RAW files.  I would separate the RAW and JPEG files into separate folders, just for now.  It will make it easier to process just the RAW files.  Although, DPP has RAW/JPEG filter, I never use it.

Fix up one image in the Editor.    In the "Edit" menu, select "Copy Recipe" for the image you are editing.  Exit the editor, and select all of the JPEG photos.  In the "Edit" menu, select "Paste Recipe" for all of the selected images. 

In the "File" menu, there is a "Batch Process", which can generate JPEGs from all of the selected RAW files in one shot.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@bruceb3 wrote:

Everything that is totally blown out to pure white will be unrecoverable. Most everything else in the photo you should be able to recover.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Since all you want to do is adjust exposure as a first pass, go into Edit tool and select "Select RAW images only".

Control-click each image you want to adjust (or if its a continuous string click first, hold down shift and then click last.)

Once all the images are selected drag brightness tool down till you are happy - should be close to -2.

Then continue editing each photo for other attributes.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements