cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When exporting images from CR2 into TIFF format.

lmliam
Contributor

When exporting images from CR2 into TIFF format. It creates one file, but when clicking into that file it becomes two images. One is like a thumbnail version and the other is the tiff file that i need. How do i get the export to not create this additional image and just the TIFF version? It works fine when creating a JPEG.

9 REPLIES 9

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What software package are we talking aboiut?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Oh yes sorry DPP4 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@lmliam wrote:

When exporting images from CR2 into TIFF format. It creates one file, but when clicking into that file it becomes two images. One is like a thumbnail version and the other is the tiff file that i need. How do i get the export to not create this additional image and just the TIFF version? It works fine when creating a JPEG.

How would I go about reproducing this phenomenom?  Mac or Windows?  What does "clicking into that file" mean?  Etc.

[EDIT{  BTW, I never create TIFF files.  JPEGs work just fine.  TIFFs tend to hog memory.

My procedure would be to highlight a bunch of images in DPP4 and then select file and batch process. In the settings i would select destination, save as type TIFF 16bit, output resolution 400dpi. Then click convert raw images only. 

It is when opening the TIFF file later in Windows photo viewer that the two images appear. (However in the settings it still says single file) 

@lmliam wrote:

My procedure would be to highlight a bunch of images in DPP4 and then select file and batch process. In the settings i would select destination, save as type TIFF 16bit, output resolution 400dpi. Then click convert raw images only. 

It is when opening the TIFF file later in Windows photo viewer that the two images appear. (However in the settings it still says single file) 

Ignore it.  Windows uses JPEG files for previews, not TIFFs.  I'll leave it at that.  By default, Windows hides those files from users.

i have used this for tiff format in the past and it has worked fine. Their is nothing wrong with the tiff but when uploading it to other software it appears as two images with the same file name

@lmliam wrote:

Ignore it. Stop looking for problems where none exist. 

Where are you saving the output files from the batch process?  Same folder as the originals?  Take a careful look at the filenames that the Windows Photo Viewer reports for each image.  I bet you lunch that one of them is CR2, and one is TIFF or JPEG,

Thankyou for your input but ignoring it isnt going to help. Yes they are both Tiff files because it is one file and both of the same file names. If anyone else has expirienced this problem? 

Would you like to video record the screen and upload a sample? I think it would become much easier if we are able to see with our own eyes what´s going on.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements