cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility can not detect my EOS700D

seanebue
Contributor

Hello there!

I have followed every instruction found at support section and tried different solution but no avail. My EOS Utility, 2 and or even 3 can not detect my Canon EOS700D. I can see my EOS700D on my computer connected but it seems I can not find solution for my problem. Here are some details;

Using:

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series 64bit (Windows 10).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

One other thing to try that I saw on line.

Go to Device Manager->Portable Devices and delete the camera.

Annotation 2020-05-11 143146.jpg

Then connect camera and turn it on to force the computer to re-find the device.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum seanebue.

Issues like yours can be very difficult to resolve remotely because it could be caused my many factors.

I have a T5i (North American version of the 700D). It is detected fine on my W10 PC.

Did it ever work or is this a new camera or computer to you?

The fact that you can see the camera in Explorer would tend to rule out a USB port problem or a cable problem. But, if you are not using the cable that came with the camera I would suggest you try that.

I am not aware of any camera setings that would affect connection, but you could try resetting all camera settings in the Menu.

On the off chance that the program is corrupt you could download and install the latest versiion from the Canon support site.

Can you borrow a different camera from a friend to try.  What about trying a different computer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I assume that you connect the USB cable before turning on the camera.  Sometimes, it seems like the EOS Utility needs to initially download a driver from the internet, so make sure that you have an active internet connection.

On some machines, the EOS Utility simply needs a jump start.  You would need to go into the C: drive Programs folder, find where the Canon folder is located, and start the EOS Utility program manually.  Once this has been done, it should automatically detect your camera when it is powered up, and launch itself automatically.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

seanebue
Contributor
I can see only mu eos700d from the notification bar below right from the screen but not on the explorer. I am using a white canon cable and is working fine, if the cable or port was the problem then probably my laptop will not detect the camera at all.

I uninstall all canon software restarted the laptop and even deleted the canon folder and I will again for the last time to install the latest software, because its late now here in the evning.

Greetings,

Windows Firewall and/or 3rd party anti-virus can also interfere with connectivity.  John's suggestions is certainly plausible as well.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

seanebue
Contributor
yes, laptop is always connected to thw internet and I am opening the applicatiom as admin from the root folder.

I am now starting to install it one last time this evening. If failed, then I will try to talke some rest because my brain is really tired and do it again some other time.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Not seeing the camera in the My PC window sounds like a problem.

If you go to Control Panel->Devices & Printers can you see the camera?

What does the Notification window say?

I won’t say the white cable isn’t a correct one, but I do know that my camera came with a black one and my camera is visible in Explorer.

Have you tried to just manually start EOSU2 to see if the software at least runs?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

seanebue
Contributor
Yes, I can see the camera on control panel>Device & Printers.
from thw notification tray shows my eos700d with the icon of usb.
The white cable that I am using has a marking brand of canon.
I manually started eosu2 and is running fine except that it cant detect the cam.

Right now, I just finish installing ksdw32.9a-installer from canon usa website and now restarting my laptop.

seanebue
Contributor
I checked the control panel/hardware and sound/device and printers/ I found my eoa700d and checked the properties and shows below;

Manufacturer: Canon Inc.
Model: Canon Digital Camera
Model Number: Unavailable
Categories: Camera
Description: Unavailable

from the hardware shows below;
Device Status: This device is working properly.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Does this apply to you

https://www.howtogeek.com/322112/what-is-an-n-or-kn-edition-of-windows/amp/
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements