cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venus Flytrap

TomRamsey
Enthusiast

Venus FlytrapVenus Flytrap

We have several Carnivorous Plants in the area.  Shot at 57mm, F8, 1.50, ISO 100.  Shot at 99mm, F10, 1/40, ISO 125

2 REPLIES 2

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Unique plants. Where are you located?

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Southeast coastal area of North Carolina, Hampstead, have the beach one direction and Holly Shelter Game Lands the other.  Holy Shelter is over 100 square miles of longleaf pine savannas, pocosins, and swamps.  Everything from carnivorous plants to alligators.  But the drive though yesterday didn't show much wildlife, just a few birds, none to get good photos of, butterflies and plants were pretty much it.  Of course I went at the wrong time, mid afternoon, but that's all I had yesterday.  They just opened the roads up on September 1st, they close it down from mid May to September, you can only bicycle or walk in then.  I usually only walk once the temperatures get to the 50s or lower to avoid mosquitos.  But you've also got to watch where you walk, as it is a hunting area.  None of the roads are paved with anything but gravel or sand, some I would not go on without my four wheel drive truck.  I've only lived here four years, but have got to know Holly Shelter pretty well.  Apparently the venus flytraps only grow in a small area along the east coast in the Carolinas.

Announcements