cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blood Moon

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

In NZ we got to have both a very favourable location and time to engage with this rare event.  The last time such a blood moon happened of this duration was apparently in 1212 CE - before there was any human population here.

It happened in the late evening: from about 9:30-12:00am and the sky was clear, but alas with a very thin veil of cloud that also reflected the light pollution of the city and thus reduced the image quality.  Still, I gave it a go.

IMG_1413 copy 2.jpg

Canon EOS 90D, Sigma 150-600c, 960mm FoV, f/6.3, 1/30 sec, ISO-3200.  on a monopod.  I had to raise my eyebrows as my next door neighbour kept firing off a flash... Smiley Tongue

I think the white dot to the lower right of the moon is likely to be Venus, but I will take advice on that!

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
1 REPLY 1

Nice shot!

It was cloudy here in Florida and it occured between 3 a.m. and daylightish. I was up then (I'm a night owl), but, it was cloudy 😞 I got the last one, though, in January 2019 🙂

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.
Announcements