cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blood Moon

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

In NZ we got to have both a very favourable location and time to engage with this rare event.  The last time such a blood moon happened of this duration was apparently in 1212 CE - before there was any human population here.

It happened in the late evening: from about 9:30-12:00am and the sky was clear, but alas with a very thin veil of cloud that also reflected the light pollution of the city and thus reduced the image quality.  Still, I gave it a go.

IMG_1413 copy 2.jpg

Canon EOS 90D, Sigma 150-600c, 960mm FoV, f/6.3, 1/30 sec, ISO-3200.  on a monopod.  I had to raise my eyebrows as my next door neighbour kept firing off a flash... Smiley Tongue

I think the white dot to the lower right of the moon is likely to be Venus, but I will take advice on that!

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
1 REPLY 1

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Nice shot!

It was cloudy here in Florida and it occured between 3 a.m. and daylightish. I was up then (I'm a night owl), but, it was cloudy 😞 I got the last one, though, in January 2019 🙂

Newton

click here to view the gallery
Announcements