cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tricolored Heron in flight

ctitanic
Rising Star

This is a picture that I like from my last walk at a local park and I can't understand clearly why. For many it may be that the background is too busy but this is the point more appealing to me. Shot with a Canon R6 using a EF100-400L.

53930943237_c1397654e7_b

Frank
Gear: Canon EOS R6 Mark I, Canon 5D Mark III, EF100-400 L II, EF70-200 f2.8 II, RF50 and few other lenses.
Flickr, Blog: Click Fanatic.
5 REPLIES 5

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I don't see the background as busy but relative to the flight of the heron. No background would leave the heron suspended in mid-air without any reference. The photo settings has the wing movement frozen in flight. My complements.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Thanks John!...  Up to certain point, I think that the background offers some kind of frame for the bird.

Frank
Gear: Canon EOS R6 Mark I, Canon 5D Mark III, EF100-400 L II, EF70-200 f2.8 II, RF50 and few other lenses.

TomRamsey
Enthusiast

Maybe the Heron flying thought the marsh would make a more natural background, but there is nothing wrong with this.  I think the geometric background is fine and shows a connection to man and wildlife and how they coexist.  

Danny

My two cents is that there's a visually appealing contrast here.  The background's all straight lines and then you've got this bird in the foreground who's mostly curves which creates an appealing disruption!  That and I personally love how your bird buddy's so perfectly framed within one of the "windows" in this scene.  Keep going!

Thanks Danny!

Frank
Announcements