Enthusiast

IMG_2312.jpeg

IMG_2219.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Welcome to the forum:
You are a person of few words when they would help immensely. 
1. Can one assume from the photo that you are using a Rebel of some kind?
2. If so, what you seem to be describing is that the camera is set to a scene mode of monochrome, or Black and white.  So, you when you look through the optical viewfinder the image will appear in colour, but the JPG file will be processed in-camera as monochrome.
Since I don't know the model precisely, I recommend you download the manual (if you have not yet done so) and check out scene modes in the index.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Welcome to the forum:
You are a person of few words when they would help immensely. 
1. Can one assume from the photo that you are using a Rebel of some kind?
2. If so, what you seem to be describing is that the camera is set to a scene mode of monochrome, or Black and white.  So, you when you look through the optical viewfinder the image will appear in colour, but the JPG file will be processed in-camera as monochrome.
Since I don't know the model precisely, I recommend you download the manual (if you have not yet done so) and check out scene modes in the index.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Rebel 850D & Rebel t7

I've been practicing and studying for the last few years. I must say it's a lot of work and I do enjoy it

Competency in photography is a journey, not simply a destination.  I've been shooting for over 40 years and I still learn something every day.   As the great photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson said "your first 10,000 images are your worst" - and that was in the days of film!

cheers, TREVOR

If you don't have it, the Advanced User Guide is located here:
c002.pdf (start.canon)
Check out P301

cheers, TREVOR

I just recently downloaded the rebel 850D manual to my computer and I have read the photo books by Tom Ang, Scott kelby and several others.

Fotogrni61
Enthusiast

Raw is my favorite way to photograph

Fotogrni61
Enthusiast

My bad! I shoot in color then I post process in black and white

Now somewhat confused... are you saying you shot this way on purpose - which is fine, but if it wasn't an issue or error, you would be best to put this under the section of 'Gallery - Share your photos".
Definitely shooting RAW is a great habit to get into, that way you are not impacted by in-camera processing and you can do a lot more PP than with a JPG file.

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements