cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing dpi on CanoScan 8400F

LuciWright
Contributor

I'm using an old CanoScan 8400F to scan 35mm slides into MovieMaker on my PC.  Both the manual & Quick Start guide indicate that you can select higher than 600dpi resolution.  I want to do this so as to have HD quality on my digital images as 600 dpi isn't  really good enough.

However, the program is not allowing me to change the dpi value and 600 is set as the "highest quality."  How can I override this number?   Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

LuciWright
Contributor

You're welcome.  I, too, hate to pay for something that I think I can do myself.  This is a far from perfect solution as it can be tricky to line things up, get a good focus on the screen, have the right lighting,etc.  The quality is not quite the same as an original digital image of a person or landscape.  Then there are the dust motes on the old slides, the cleaning of the projector lens, keeping it all set up in one spot so that you can come & go w/o setting it up each time.....  Not as easy as it might initially sound, but it's workable.  I had some slides that I didn't want to get rid of but they didn't need to be first-class as I wouldn't be enlarging them to hang on the wall or look at as often.  Old family slides of Christmas past, my baby pic's, etc.  Best wishes on this project.  It was my 1st year pandemic project and a great time to do it---being stuck at home.

Announcements