cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canoscan 9000F when usb connected does not show in imac

cxfo
Contributor

I haven't used my scanner for years and just made usb connection to my imac turned on scanner and doesn't show.  It's not on my devices list.  I earlier contacted Canon to download a patch and it said there was no patch for Catalina 0S.  To try to use without a patch. Need to connect my scanner to get work done.

4 REPLIES 4

cxfo
Contributor

this is cxfo.  I meant to say that I tried to download a driver and Canon couldn't find one for Catalina OS.

cxfo
Contributor

this is cxfo.  a reply to another canoscan 9000f issue seems to apply to my post.  Catalina driver is not accepted by Mac's Monterey 12 OS.    So I'll try to find another solution.  CXFO

Hi, cxfo!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If the scanner is no longer support by a Canon driver you could look into using VueScan by Hamrick Software.

I am able to use a Minolta scanner that was last supported with Windows XP on my Windows 10 computer using VueScan.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements