cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help getting DR-s150 scanner to scan to network folder without being connected to a pc

patrickjackson
Apprentice

I have this brand new DR-s150 setup with a static IP connected via ethernet to our domain, and i need it to be a standalone scanner to scan directly to a network folder. According to the info it says it can do it, but i cannot get it to program a job in the network folder icon. We bought this to replace a really old scanfront 220 that no longer works and we use this for our Fire Department. I can get the Scanner to save the Job in the capture on touch section but only if someone is logged into a pc and thats not what i need. I need it in the Network folder area all the time so anyone can walk up, and click scan  and it automatically goes to that folder.. Any help would be appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

See page 65 of the User Guide.

DR-S150/DR-S130 User Manual (c-wss.com)

The Scan Job has to be created in CaptureOnTouch, then registered to the scanners Job Tool.  This makes it available on the scanner without using a PC or software. 

shadowsports_0-1680103461181.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

See page 65 of the User Guide.

DR-S150/DR-S130 User Manual (c-wss.com)

The Scan Job has to be created in CaptureOnTouch, then registered to the scanners Job Tool.  This makes it available on the scanner without using a PC or software. 

shadowsports_0-1680103461181.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

is there any way to set the file name format in this function. When we set it up, it only puts the scanners name and the count. The individual running the office wants it to have the name, count and date and i cant find any where in the settings to change it in the job tool or the web tool.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

HI Patrick,

I'll have to look into that.  I haven't used CaptureOnTouch for a few years and I think it was an older version.  I suspect naming conventions are limited or set in the scanners main configuration,  The JobTool only allows you to save a one touch operation.  I'll let you know if I find a way.  It may also be worth your while to contact Canon. 

Printers - imageCLASS (MF, LBP & D Series)

1-800-652-2666 Monday-Friday:
9:00 am to 8:00 pm

Enjoy the weekend!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements