cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DR-G2110 Barcode scanning

CTSV
Apprentice

Hi, I have my scanner setup but need some help with what software is needed to actually read the barcode and save the barcode number as a .pdf file tag.  I've read about a bar code module needed. I've installed the software Capture On Touch V4 Pro that came with the scanner and set the barcode up in Batch separation, Other's Barcodes and it won't read the barcode in the Barcode area settings.     Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case. We will have to recommend that you call our Enterprise & Desktop Solutions Divisions at 1-800-423-2366, Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST (excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you. 

I reached out to Canon and got the barcode module but still having some issues. I need be able to save the barcode number as the file tag. Barcode module is installed and all firmware and OCR updates. In the folder name settings / selectable items there's a "Detectrion result 1 (barcode) and the default is Counter. I tried removing the Counter and adding the Derection 1 (barcode) and it just saves the file as the barcode lines but a little different. I need to save the file as the 7-digit number in the barcode. I have Code 28 and Code 39 enabled since we're not using QR or UPC codes. Any help would be appreciated to get the scanner going, I've talked to support on the phone, but it takes a lot of time due to emailing screen shots back and forth. Thanks

I also made sure dpi is set at 300 for a cleaner OCR.

Announcements