cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DR-G1130 Won't sense small batches

MikeMcCloskey
Apprentice

Hi!

I have 2 DR-G1130 scanners. One of them has 2 issues which may or may not be connected:

1. If the batch has less than 5 pages, it almost always refuses to scan. It raises the bed, pauses, and then drops back down. This is the same with whether scanning from the app or doing a 'count only' from the unit's panel. I have dusted the sensors in the paper path and on the sides of the input bed. Nothing seems to help.
  2. Often the unit continues running the rollers after the last page for about 20 seconds. Pressing Cancel doesn't seem to stop it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks I advance. 

1 REPLY 1

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Mike McCloskey.

Thanks for your post. I see that your imageFORMULA DR-G1130 Production Document Scanner is not feeding batches that are less than 5 pages.

You mention that you have dusted the sensors. From the description that you are providing, the scanner will likely require service. However, I recommend that you check the cleaning instructions that are found in the User’s Manual. Please review the steps for “Cleaning the Scanner” (pg. 5-2), “Opening the Upper Unit” (pg. 5-3), “Cleaning the Rollers and Pad” (pgs. 5-3 through 5-5), and “Closing the Upper Unit” (pg. 5-3).

Since you mention that the rollers will run continuously, please clean the rollers and the pad using the instructions noted above. You do not have to clean the Scanning Glass (Step 4 on pg. 5-4). Please visit the following link to view a PDF version of the manual.

http://downloads.canon.com/nw/pdfs/scanner/DRG1130_G1100_UserManual.pdf

Please make sure that the Upper Unit is closing properly as mentioned in page 5-3. Besides that, the only other thing you can do is check the counter to make sure that the rollers do not need to be replaced. According to page 5-7 of the manual, the rollers need to be replaced every 450,000 pages.

You will find the instructions for checking the page counter on pages 5-7 and 5-8. If the counter is over 400,000 pages, you can consider replacing the rollers. If the counter is over 450,000 pages, they need to be replaced. Information about replacing the rollers can be found on page 5-7. The instructions start on page 5-9.

If cleaning the scanner does not help and if the rollers do not need to be replaced, you are likely dealing with a mechanical issue. However, I do have a few questions just to make sure. You can answer them in your response, or you can call us (see the paragraph below the list of questions):

• What happens when you load batches that are more than 5 pages? Does it scan or count the first several pages and then leave the last 5 in the bed? Or does it scan and count everything that you loaded?
  • Are you loading documents printed on regular/plain copy paper (letter size/ 8.5x11 inch)? If not, what happens if you load a batch of 4 documents that are printed on plain letter-size copy paper?

I recommend that you call us so we can determine your service options. You may call our special toll-free number by dialing 1-800-828-4040, Monday - Friday 8:00 A.M. - 8:00 P.M. ET (excluding holidays).

I hope this information helps. Thanks again.

Announcements