cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DR-C225 Scanner is not ready. Power may have been cycled.

RussGPDX
Apprentice

One computer "upgraded" to Windows 11, and another new Windows 11 computer.  I swear I have scanned on both since the change to W11. Since the computers did not have the drivers or app installed I did that. Capture On Touch V4 Pro. As of a couple of days ago when I hit Scan, and the power was on, get the message "Scanner is not ready. (Power may have been cycled.) Try operation again. (-4400)   Hitting OK gets the same message back over and over. Turning off the power will allow you to clear the error message. Now I find I do not even need to have the app running to get the error message if I turn on the power to the unit.

14 REPLIES 14

So we are now about a month out since I applied this "fix." It still works!! 

I hope everyone else that has had this problem gets the same results.

JShepard
Apprentice

The solutions I have found are:

1. Use the Registry Repair
  2. Restart the WIA service
  3. Remove the device via device manager, then restart the computer when prompted

I also recommend checking USB ports and disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Someone at Canon told me that not only data goes over the USB but some power does too. 

We have been doing this with the DR-M140 and DR-2580C. I also put the software (CapturePerfect or CaptureOnTouch) into compatibility mode for Windows 8.

Thanks for the tips, and I will try the Allow computer to turn off the device as well as the Compatibility mode.  I have verified the registry and yes restarted, and now currently disabled the WIA service.  Done everything else, so far, and yes the disabling of the WIA service works, but not a good answer as it may be needed at some point.

remzej
Apprentice

This is a firmware bug for Canon Scanners. To temporarily fix this issue we need to set the date and time backwards to be able to scan again.

remzej
Apprentice

To everyone experiencing this issue just change your current date and time backwards to be able to temporarily use the scanner.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements