cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon lide 400 cannot be registered and will not work on Mac OS Monterey

jabondo
Apprentice

I have had a Canoscan LIDE 400 since 2020 and it will not work with OS Monterey. To make matters worse, whenever I try to register it by serial number, it tells me the serial number is not valid for my unit. I am at a complete loss with this. My mac "sees" the scanner but nothing happens when I try to scan something. I get a spinning wheel Image Capture but nothing happens. Please help me out before I put this thing through a wall. 

5 REPLIES 5

jabondo
Apprentice

Well, this forum is garbage as is the scanner I bought. Never again with Canon. Can't wait to roast them on social media. 

Hi, jabondo!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

jabondo
Apprentice

I did all that with no luck. Been trying to figure this out for a year. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The canon support site doesn't list a driver for any macOS newer than 10.15 (Catalina).

Software product VueScan by Hamrick Software has "rescued" many scanners that aren't supported in later OSs.

My Minolta scanner was last supported by the manufacturer in Windows XP. I am able to use in with W10 via VueScan.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jabondo
Apprentice

My scanner must just be flat-out broken then. I have vue scan, and it recognizes the scanner but does nothing when I hit "scan" or "preview." 

Announcements