cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LiDE 400 & Mac OS

Wilkerton
Apprentice

Hello,

I have just purchased a Canon CanoScan LiDE 400 based on good reviews. 

I have a MacBook Pro running macOS Monterey version 12.4.

I have downloaded and installed all of the firmware/software updates I can find, but I am running into disappointing problem -- the scanner does not seem to be connecting.

When I try to open IJ Scan Utility, it starts searching for the scanner and does not find it.

When I try to use Image Capture or open the scanner through OS, it recognizes the scanner as a driver (I think from the updates I downloaded?) but then when I click scan, nothing happens. 

When I plug the scanner in via USB, I hear a brief sound and then nothing. 

Can someone please help? I am reading some responses that seem to suggest this is an issue with the OS and Canon and it will not be resolved? Did I purchase the wrong thing and I should just return it? Is there any hope of getting this to work?

Thank you for any help you can provide. 

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I recommend to have this issue looked at by our support team. Canon does have a chat team that would be happy to assist you with this issue. Please click HERE and in the chat/ask a question box that appears, ask the chat bot to speak to a live person. Our chat agents are available Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

We look forward to hearing from you

um. I have a canon Lide 400 working with MACOS 12 and 13.  There is software for earlier versions.  For versions 12 and 13 read below.  For an earlier version of MACOS, load the software, for version 12 and 13 read below

Do NOT load the supplied software.  The scanner will be picked up automatically by AirPrint. (I know it is not a wireless device but it will be recognised if plugged in). You can check this by startimg Preview and under the file menu there will be an option to scan.  

Next, if ou want additional software. download and install this from a canon site. The necessary software is titled IJ Scan Utility Lite for you country.  Works fine

https://www.canon.com.au/support/sims-content?pid=ddd245742eba4b61af8370698c68ca86&cid=1F9EDEE31B294...

freejiva
Apprentice

I encountered the same issues that Wilkerson has described, and went through the same steps to try to get it to work to no avail.

It turns out that it was actually a very simple fix, and hopefully this will help anyone else that encounters this problem. The fix is to unlock the scanner with the physical switch on the bottom. Then everything started working.

Announcements