cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ImageFormula R40 Scanner no longer scanning--TWAIN error

jbunshaft
Enthusiast

I have loved my R40 scanner, but now it won't work. I use the Canon-supplied software, both the driver and the CaptureOnTouch software. Recently, when I've tried to use it, I get "An error has occurred with the TWAIN driver. [Error: 80FF0001]" and that's it.

I've tried re-installing the driver. I've tried uninstalling it and re-installing it. I've tried uninstalling all the Canon software and re-installing the whole software package. Nothing has made it work. Someone, please help! Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks man, 

this really helped me out! 
I first was thinking about a windows update, as this was the last thing which had changed on the PC.

But as this now poped up a second time and the update is still blocked, the deactivation of the WIA service worked for me.

Thanks a lot for your inverstigation. I also opened a remedy ticket @ Canon Germany regarding this issue.

####################################################################
if you always do what you can already do, always remains what you already are (Henry Ford)

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52

eraspperry
Contributor

I called tech support yesterday, got right in, the rep gave me a procedure that has worked for me so far:

1. turn on the scanner

dont bother to un-install/re-install the driver.

2 restart computer.

I did this and the issue was no more (for now)

for the record running win11 pro

God; but notice that this is consistent with all other reports, that after a reboot, it works fine for a few days...

Wait & see.

Yes. Yes we shall.

jbunshaft
Enthusiast

Hello, CANON! Is anyone there doing anything? Are you going to come out with a solution? We all spent good money on your scanner, and it's not working. Please give us an update.

Frustrated-2022
Contributor

I'm in the same boat as everyone else that has posted. Tried everything listed here and have had to just restart the WIN 11 computer every time I want to Scan. That works, but it certainly is a lousy way for a company to respond to a consistent problem with their product. . . . The companies that hire me to evaluate products before purchasing, will be surprised when I report that Canon is not responding to this issue. 

Daniel-Garus
Contributor

Hey together,

did you tried to deactivate the WIA service, as mentioned before?
For me this has helped in all of my problems, even with other scanner models like DR-M160, DR-G2090.

I also have escalated this to Canon Germany, they are aware of this issue and are in contact with Canon Europe regarding this. As soon I have more information's, I'll let you know.

Cheers
Daniel

####################################################################
if you always do what you can already do, always remains what you already are (Henry Ford)

checked the services currently running on my system, WIA is not listed in services loaded

eraspperry
Contributor

Cannon pushed out an updated driver last month. the problem persists.  

Yup. I saw that update and thought, "Oh, good! Finally!" I downloaded it from Canon, installed it, and still had problems.

dwak
Apprentice

I am having this same problem, and none of the posted solutions have fixed it. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements