cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 400 Error Code 5,156,69

Reno_Melon
Apprentice

Just bought a Canon LiDe 400 off of Amazon.  Running the latest version of Windows 10.  Installed the software, keep getting an error stating "Cannot communicate with scannerfor these reasons: 

Scanner is turned off.

USB cable is disconnected.  Code: 5, 156, 69

Scanner is on and plugged in.  When I plug it in, I can watch the scan bar "home" itself like it should.  No matter what I do, I cannot get it to work.  Googled the issue and it looks like this is not uncommon.  Just can't find the right fix.  

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The 5,156,69 error can be caused by security software that is enabled on your computer. If adjusting security when installing the scanner does not resolve the issue,  I recommend reaching out to Canon support. The real time feedback of a live technical support call/chat would be very beneficial in this case.

You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Jackstephan
Apprentice

I had this problem with my Canon scanner 9000f Mark ii.  I tried installing updated drivers, I went into device manager and deleted the scanner and driver, none of this made any difference.  I opened up scan gear, and went to tools and noticed it was showing a Canoscan 220 as my scanner. I went to settings in windows, and went to apps, and deleted program or file that had Canon on it.  I then went and downloaded scangear from Canon's website and also the drivers, and installed both. The scanner was now identified, the error code went away and the scanner worked

click here to view the gallery
Announcements