cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 220 "Release the Lock Switch" Message

peterday
Apprentice

If I set up the scanner, open Utilities and click on Scan, I get the message, 'Release the lock switch, detach the USB cable and reconnect. Scanner driver will be closed'.  However, the lock switch is already released.

I try locking it, then releasing it again and removing/replacing the USB cable but still get the same message.  It's as if the lock is permanently on regardless of the position of the switch.

I'm on Windows 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSN
Apprentice

@ Peterday.  Turn your scanner upside down and see if there is a physical lock and unlock switch.  Mine has it and it was set on the lock symbol.  So I clicked it over to the other side where it shows the unlock symbol.  Hope this helps.

Update:  Sorry, did not read that you already unlocked it.  Perhaps it is broken then.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

While we understand that email may be the preferred method, the real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case. 

I recommend reaching out to Canon support so we can troubleshoot this issue in real time. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

MSN
Apprentice

@ Peterday.  Turn your scanner upside down and see if there is a physical lock and unlock switch.  Mine has it and it was set on the lock symbol.  So I clicked it over to the other side where it shows the unlock symbol.  Hope this helps.

Update:  Sorry, did not read that you already unlocked it.  Perhaps it is broken then.

Announcements