cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 220 Driver Installation without connecting the device.

hkim1961
Apprentice

Hello,

I need to install CanoScan LiDE 220 driver on Windows but without connecting the device.

I tried to run the installation file, sc68-win-lide220-1_02-ea33_3.exe, downloaded from the Canon site, but it won't let me install the driver until the device is detected.

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is not possible.  The device must be present to set up the interface for communication.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The driver can be installed without the device connected using PnPUtil.exe command as long as the driver.inf is provided.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/pnputil-command-syntax

I can find the installation software from Canons support portal but not the driver files. I wonder if Canon can provide just the drivers only.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is not supported and hence no documentation for .inf extraction, push or silent install exists.  

You can unpack the .msi or .exe using a utility or command line switches.  7 zip might even work.  

Once again I'll mention this is not supported, but you are welcome to experiment on your own.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements