cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 220 Can I remove the numbers from my scans?

NancyP
Apprentice

I have a Lido 220 and I'm scanning alot of items through scan gear. I save them to my computer with a name but it always adds a bunch of numbers at the end. They're not visible when I'm naming them so I can't erase them. Is there a way to get rid of them at the point of the first save? Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'm not sure if this can be changed in ScanGear.

What numbers are you referringto?  On the pages themselves or on the filename?  The scanner is likely appending the filename with a date (example) scannedImage06102020.pdf.  It can probably be done, but not in the SG utility.  More information may help.   

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanGear/W/SFS/20.0/EN/SG/sg-933.html

It looks like the SG Utility only allows you to specify the temp save directory.

However, this might be something you are doing unintentinally?  Pictures of the issue might help.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi NancyP,

Please open the IJ Scan Utility.

Once open, please click the Settings button in the lower left corner.

In the menu on the left hand side, please click ScanGear.

Enter the file name of the image to be saved. When you save a file, the date and four digits are appended to the set file name in the "_20XX0101_0001" format.

When you select the Save to a subfolder with current date checkbox, the date and four digits are appended to the set file name.

For more information, please use this link:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/LiDE%20220/1.1/EN/SU/su-114.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'm not sure if this can be changed in ScanGear.

What numbers are you referringto?  On the pages themselves or on the filename?  The scanner is likely appending the filename with a date (example) scannedImage06102020.pdf.  It can probably be done, but not in the SG utility.  More information may help.   

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanGear/W/SFS/20.0/EN/SG/sg-933.html

It looks like the SG Utility only allows you to specify the temp save directory.

However, this might be something you are doing unintentinally?  Pictures of the issue might help.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank You - Until it was mentioned I didn't realize that was the date, It was just some annoying numbers 🙂

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi NancyP,

Please open the IJ Scan Utility.

Once open, please click the Settings button in the lower left corner.

In the menu on the left hand side, please click ScanGear.

Enter the file name of the image to be saved. When you save a file, the date and four digits are appended to the set file name in the "_20XX0101_0001" format.

When you select the Save to a subfolder with current date checkbox, the date and four digits are appended to the set file name.

For more information, please use this link:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/LiDE%20220/1.1/EN/SU/su-114.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks - I didn't realize it was the date + just a bunch of numbers I didn't want there 🙂

This only answers what the numbers are which was not the question, the question was how to stop the software appending them to the filename, it must be a software thing not a firmware thing so an update can fix it..

If you search for this question there are numerous posts dating back years, when will Canon issue an update to stop this stupid software behaviour it's really annoying and slows down the scanning process having to rename files individually or via a third party app to do it in bulk.

If I scan a bunch of photo's it appends todays date then 01, 02 etc., if I scan a bunch tomorrow it appends tommorrows date then 01, 02 etc so when I go to bulk rename I not only have to remove the date portion which is simple but I also have to make sure I keep the sequence numbers so my pictures stay in the sequence I want them.

Isn't Canon listening there are dozens of posts with this question, just send a software update to stop appending date, you're a multinational company making great hardware and millions of dallars just employ a graduate for a month to write an update to Scangear/IJ Scan Utility or better yet re write the software from the ground up as there are some other annoyances with it.

I totally agree! How difficult can it be to make an option to add the date or not? Total waste of time and energy to have to delete it each time.

Announcements