cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan 9000F - macOS Monterey 12.6.3 compatibility

NNG
Contributor

I have a CanoScan 9000F scanner that is in perfect working order. Today, I tried to use its software on a relatively new MacBook Air and discovered that this scanner uses 32-bit technology (whatever that means) and will not work with the MacBook Air which has an operating system numbered 12.6.3. I got a message that referred me to "the maker," or something similar. Is there anything that can be done with the scanner to make it compatible with the MacBook Air I am referring to here?

14 REPLIES 14

Is VueScan by Hamrick Software a replacement software that will in effect getting this scanner up to date?

Yes. That is why I suggested it. Google their website and confirm for yourself. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

I will do that and thanks loads for the tip!!

JudeAUS
Apprentice

Hope I'm not too late in telling you this but I was able to get CanoScan 9000F MkII drivers for iOS Monterey and Ventura from the Canon UK site.

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer/products/scanners/canoscan/series/canoscan-9000f-markii.htm...

NNG
Contributor

Thanks for replying. It is too late in a way. I gave the scanner to someone who can use it with his equipment. A good outcome, I think. Thanks again for your trouble.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements