cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xf605 backup battery - replacement …

BarryW
Apprentice

I bought a new Canon xf605 camcorder.  When the main battery is changed the date and time are lost and must be re-entered.  I believe the backup battery needs replacement.  How do I do that? (I’ve tried to recharge it but that doesn’t work.). Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

Normally it will take a charge from the main camera battery, which is what my C100 does. You can also try leaving the camera turned off but connected to the external power supply for 24hours. If it still wont charge and the camera is new, you should return it as it is faulty. You cannot replace the internal battery yourself. That would be a job for a Canon service centre.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

Normally it will take a charge from the main camera battery, which is what my C100 does. You can also try leaving the camera turned off but connected to the external power supply for 24hours. If it still wont charge and the camera is new, you should return it as it is faulty. You cannot replace the internal battery yourself. That would be a job for a Canon service centre.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

Thanks!  I’ll try that.

Announcements