cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XA75 HDMI output resolution?

jgoodwin
Apprentice

Why is it so hard to find out the max resolution from the HDMI output on these cameras? 3G SDI gives you all the information you need, but just stating HDMI as an output gives me nothing. There doesn't appear to be a technical specs section that covers this... perhaps someone from Canon reads these forums and can enlighten me? The Sony PXW-Z90V came out in 2017 and the HDMI has a 2160/24p max resolution coming out of their 3G-SDI equipped/HDMI output camera... Has Canon finally caught up (at this price point)? Because I would buy this XA75 if they have...

Anybody from Canon here? 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings jgoodwin,

I understand the interest in the new Canon XA75 pro video camcorder. You may view the current available specifications for this camcorder by visiting the product's web page on our website. More information will become available when the product is near launching or when it's available for purchase.

https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/p/xa75?color=Black&type=New

jgoodwin
Apprentice

B&H was able to answer this question... while recording in 4K, the highest output resolution is 1920x1080/24p, 60p. Even Panasonic's AG-CX10 which came out in March 2020 can export 4K while recording 4K... Really a shame.

Announcements