cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XA60 Time Code Mode Set to Preset, but Recording Like Regen.

theanimationguy
Apprentice

All three of our XA60s have the Time Code Mode set to Preset. But when we record, the time does not start at 0:00:00. It starts each recording with the continuation of the last time code recording.

I have looked at the settings, and it is most definitely set to Preset. How do get the recordings to start at 0:00:00?

The cameras started recording this way, straight out of the box.

Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 10.07.18 AM.png

2 REPLIES 2

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi theanimationguy,

The Preset time code option sets where the camera initially starts counting the time up from, but it does not set the camera to reset the time code each time you start a new recording. Since your cameras are counting up from each clip that indicates the Time Code Running Mode is likely set to Rec Run. The Rec Run setting is the one that causes the camera to continue the time count from the previous recording on the card.

The camera will not automatically reset to the initial preset time code value. To reset the time code to the initial Preset value you will need to manually reset it when you start a new shoot. To do that go into the Menu, go to the Recording Setup section, select Initial Time Code, and select Reset. That will reset the camera back to the initial Preset time you have set.

My XA10 (a much older model, I know) automatically starts every clip at 0:00:00. Is there any way I can make the XA60 automatically start each clip that way whenever I start/stop a recording? I don't want to have to reset it for every recording, and I am often asked on the spot how long each recording lasts.

Announcements