cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XA20 and Atomos recorder

SteveInConverse
Contributor

Hey all, am I right in presuming that I can HDMI out to an ATOMOS recorder? If so, is the HDMI from the XA20 "clean"?  Also, will the camera record internally while performing HDMI out?  Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi SteveInConverse,

Thanks for checking in with us.

The XA20 does have clean HDMI output, and you can use an ATOMOS recorder to capture footage from it.
To set that up on the camera, you want to go to FUNC. - MENU - (wrench icon) - OUTPUT TERMINAL - HDMI.

You should still be able to record to the camera even when outputting an HDMI signal, but I suggest doing tests to ensure that your recorder can handle the frame rate and resolution you are using.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi SteveInConverse,

Thanks for checking in with us.

The XA20 does have clean HDMI output, and you can use an ATOMOS recorder to capture footage from it.
To set that up on the camera, you want to go to FUNC. - MENU - (wrench icon) - OUTPUT TERMINAL - HDMI.

You should still be able to record to the camera even when outputting an HDMI signal, but I suggest doing tests to ensure that your recorder can handle the frame rate and resolution you are using.

Fantastic thank you!

Announcements